Let me sniff your hand.

Okay, you're a friend. I'll let you in my territory.



Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Wild Night Out

Or should I say my freaking cold night out?!?

Luckily it was a month ago (sorry, I've been busy putting up all of my ebooks for Heather) so the weather was not nearly so bitter cold. Thank goodness.

It was a comedy of errors. No, that's not quite right. It was more like a tragedy of Biblical proportions!

My pet, Heather, always checks on me at night. But (1) she was sick that day. So sick she went to bed early. Usually everyone is in the house for the night. But (2) that night, my buddy Jack and his pet Jarom were in and out of the house because Jarom was packing his pickup to leave the following morning. I followed them outside. And back in. Out. In. Out. In. Out..... Hey, what the freak? I'm still out here!!!

I was outside for about five hours. Shivering. I think I love 20% of my body weight from shivering! It was horrible.

Luckily, a neighbor was driving, early, to the store, and saw me. I ran right over and jumped in his very warm car. Ahhhh. I was rescued. Words like 'guardian angels' were bandied about.

The only good thing to come of the whole experience is that everyone in the house felt horribly guilty and has pampered me more than usual. Long live me!

Actually, one more good thing. Now people in the house know I'm a lot tougher than I look. It's a common mistake. I mean, come on. I look fluffy and cute. Period. Bwahahahaha.



Hope your Christmas is warm and by a fireplace. No shivering for any of us ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment